Garmin® introduces the Legacy Saga Series, a collection of Star WarsTM themed smartwatches and character-influenced Garmin ConnectTM app experiences
Watches feature premium designs and materials inspired by ReyTM and Darth VaderTM
OLATHE, Kan. /October 4, 2019 — Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced the Legacy Saga Series, a collection of two special edition GPS smartwatches inspired by the Resistance’s hero, Rey, and iconic villain, Darth Vader. From engraved slogans to bezels adorned with character insignias, each design element pays tribute to these favorite Star Wars characters. Check out the video here.
“Bringing the Legacy Saga series smartwatches to life has never felt like work,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Many of us have grown up with the Star Wars saga, and it’s fun to wear that fandom right on your wrist. Telling the character story through the watch materials, design, and app experience is Garmin’s unique way of paying homage to such a sweeping cultural phenomenon.”
Rey Special Edition Smartwatch
The premium Jedi-inspired white leather band is modeled after Rey’s iconic Star Wars: The Rise of the Skywalker style. The Jedi insignia is engraved on a silver bezel, symbolic of Rey’s lightsaber, and her inspirational quote, “Nothing’s impossible” is emblazoned on the case back. This special edition smartwatch includes character-themed watch faces, goal animations, and a Jedi-themed Garmin Connect app experience that brings one of the galaxy’s greatest heroes to life with character-influenced visuals, exclusive badges, Rey-inspired avatars and more. The Rey Special Edition smartwatch has a battery life of up to seven days in smartwatch mode, features a 40mm watch case, and comes with an additional white silicone band in the box. Available now on Garmin.com, MSRP $399.99.
Darth Vader Special Edition Smartwatch
Every aspect of this smartwatch is inspired by Darth Vader, starting with its premium black leather band with Sith-red stitching and textured gray nubuck leather interior. The dark slate durasteel bezel is textured with details inspired by Vader’s TIE Advanced X1 cockpit, with his ominous quote, “Rule the galaxy,” emblazoned on the case back. This special edition smartwatch is further brought to life with character-themed watch faces, goal animations, and a Sith-inspired Garmin Connect app experience with character-influenced visuals, exclusive badges, Darth Vader-inspired avatars and more. The Darth Vader smartwatch has a battery life of up to eight days in smartwatch mode, features a 45mm watch case, and comes with an additional black silicone band in the box. Available now on Garmin.com, MSRP $399.99.
Beyond the looks and the lore, the Legacy Saga Series is packed with the latest Garmin smartwatch features, including:
- 24/7 Health Monitoring: Features include advanced sleep with pulse ox1, new respiration tracking, Body BatteryTM energy monitoring, abnormal heartrate alerts, menstrual cycle tracking, stress tracking with relax reminders, new hydration tracking, new breathwork activities and more.
- On-screen Workouts: Includes new animated workouts for strength training, cardio, yoga and Pilates. Other workout options include preloaded workouts on the watch, preset workouts available to download from Garmin Connect, “create your own” customizable workouts, and Garmin Coach training plans.
- Fitness: GPS, ElevateTM wrist-based heart rate2, and over 20 built-in indoor and outdoor sports apps including new structured breathwork activities.
- Smart notifications: Alerts for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates, calendar reminders and more3. AndroidTM users can reply to texts from the device.
- Exclusive Connect IQ content: Character-themed watch faces will be released over time to the Garmin Connect IQ store. Legacy Saga Series users will have exclusive access to the watch faces that correspond to their specific device.
- Music: Download songs or playlists4, including those from third-party music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, right to the wrist.
- Safety and tracking: Incident detection (during select activities) and assistance5 send real-time location to emergency contacts.
- Garmin Pay: Contactless payment solution6 lets users leave their cash and cards at home.
- Compatibility: Use with almost any smartphone (compatible with Android and Apple® devices).
The Legacy Saga Series is the latest innovation from the ever-expanding Garmin fitness segment that develops technologies to enhance and promote healthy and active lifestyles. Whether users are runners, cyclists, swimmers, multi-sport athletes, or simply looking to stay active throughout the day, there is a Garmin product that can help them reach their health and fitness goals.
For the past 30 years, Garmin has pioneered new GPS navigation and wireless devices and applications that are designed for people who live an active lifestyle. Garmin serves five primary markets, including automotive, aviation, fitness, marine, and outdoor recreation. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, instagram.com/garmin, twitter.com/garminnews, or youtube.com/garmin.
1 This is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition; see Garmin.com/ataccuracy. Pulse Ox not available in all countries.
2 See Garmin.com/ataccuracy
3 When paired with a compatible smartphone; see Garmin.com/ble
5 May require premium subscription by a third-party music provider
6 View current supported country, payment network and issuing bank information at Garmin.com/GarminPay/banks.
Garmin International, Inc., is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin is a registered trademarks and Body Battery, Garmin Pay, Elevate, Garmin Connect and Connect IQ are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. SPOTIFY and the Spotify logo are among the registered trademarks of Spotify AB. Amazon Music and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.